2.18.2014

Japnese with belief in importance of greeting



I have a many chance to meet Japanese representative from other companies.
At first, we get in touch each other by e-mail or phone, and then they want to see in person for greeting.
However, because of my schedule, I sometimes have to say them that they might need to wait for more than 20days
if they want to see me, and they really wait for me only for doing a formal salutation.
If I tell them to do in on the phone or e-mail, they may say they don`t want to do such a rude thing, specially salesmans of a big company seem to believe in the old way.

The internet is popular all ove the world these days which means we have more option to do a business.
Are businessmans, with old thought that a doing business only by an e-mail is rude, able to survive this competitive society?
I am worrying about them as a one of businessman in Japan.